Best Tobacco Stocks in India for 2022 – Trading Fuel
- Tobacco stocks are considered to be sin stocks.
- A “sin stock” is a share in companies that are involved in activities that are considered unethical, like alcohol, gambling, tobacco, adult entertainment, or weapons.
- Even after high criticism, sin stocks have attracted abundant investment.
- In this blog, we will look at the best tobacco stocks in India.
An overview of the tobacco industry:
- Tobacco is considered to be one of the most important crops in India.
- The Portuguese introduced it to the country in the 17th century.
- As per the statistics, there are more than 267 million tobacco users in the country.
- India is the second largest producer of tobacco after China.
- In India, there are currently 28.6% of the adult population (+15 years) who are consuming tobacco products and over 8.5% of the population under 15 years who are consuming tobacco.
- Hence, this makes tobacco a very important crop in the country, and, over and above, it is very easy to grow as well as economical.
- India is the second largest exporter of tobacco in the world after Brazil.
- For the year 2021, total exports of the same were $923.8 million.
- Nowadays, the industry is facing a lot of problems.
- The industry is facing a lot of roadblocks, and its products also come with a lethal health warning.
- As per the reports, tobacco-related deaths are up to 3 times higher than any other product.
- In addition to this, the government has also reduced the possible consumption of tobacco products by heavily taxing the same products.
- Due to this, the companies are now planning to enter into the other business segment.
- These companies are now planning to invest in producing nicotine products that don’t come with health risks.
Best Tobacco Stocks in India for 2022
The following are considered to be the best tobacco stocks in India for 2022:
|Sr. No.||Stock Name|
|1||Indian Tobacco Company (ITC)|
|2||VST Industries Limited|
|3||Godfrey Phillips India Limited|
|4||Golden Tobacco Limited|
|5||NTC Industries Limited|
Also Like: Top 10 Best FMCG Stocks in India
#1. Indian Tobacco Company (ITC):
- ITC was founded in 1910 and is the biggest player in the Indian tobacco industry.
- ITC is partly owned by British American Tobacco and has dominated with a holding of 79% of the total sales volume.
The major cigarettes and cigars owned by the company are as follows:
- Today, in 2022, ITC is not just a tobacco company anymore.
- The company is now involved in over 13 businesses across 5 segments.
The 5 segments include:
- The debt-equity ratio of the company stands at 0, which seems to be a very good sign.
- The company also has a good dividend payout of 93% and a dividend yield of 3.79%.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Monopoly Stocks in India
#2. VST Industries Limited:
- The company was founded in 1930 and is headquartered in Hyderabad.
- British American Tobacco (BAT) is a wholly owned subsidiary of VST Industries, which is wholly owned by British American Tobacco (VST).
The main brands of the company include the following:
- They are also known as the last Nizams of Hyderabad as they used to smoke the company’s best Charminar cigarettes.
- The company has zero debt and has a dividend yield of 4.40%.
- The company has also achieved a 3-year profit CAGR of 12.18%.
#3. Godfrey Phillips India Limited:
- The company was founded in 1936 and was originally based out of London in 1844.
- In the year 1968, international giant Philio Morris took over the company.
- After this takeover, the company could then globally sell the renowned brand Marlboro.
- Today, the company is considered the flagship company of the Modi Enterprise Group.
- The company is currently producing a variety of cigarettes, cigars, as well as smoking tobacco.
In addition to this, the company has a business interest in the following segments:
- The company has also achieved a 3-year profit CAGR of 33.26%.
- The company has a debt-equity ratio of 0.12.
#4. Golden Tobacco Limited:
- The company was founded in 1930 and is now renowned as the leader in the tobacco sector.
- The company has engaged itself in manufacturing, purchasing, selling, processing, and marketing tobacco and other tobacco-related products in India.
- The company belongs to the Consumer Defensive sector and is then categorized as a tobacco company.
Also Read: List of 1328 NSE Listed Companies
The main products of the company are as follows:
The net profit margin of the company is 18.29%.
#5. NTC Industries Limited:
- The company was set up in 1991 and is now a reputed player in the tobacco industry.
- The company is said to have a good history of supplying flavored as well as quality tobacco products worldwide.
- The company tends to create perfectly blended cigarette products in a wide range of flavors and fragrances after combining technology and all the high-quality ingredients.
- As the tobacco industry is facing limitations, the company has started manufacturing agarbatti as well as matchboxes.
The main products and services of the company are as follows:
- This stock is also among the few that caught a speedy upswing in the market price.
- By the end of August 2021, the stock price generated a return of around 719.80% after a lifetime low in 2020.
How to invest in the tobacco sector’s stocks?
To invest in the stocks of the tobacco sector, you will need to follow just a few easy steps.
They are as follows:
Later, you can simply execute the investment and kickstart your investment in the tobacco stock.
The above blog entirely consists of stocks that are from the tobacco sector.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Trading Fuel is our website for blogs where we help to inculcate knowledge about finance, economics, and the stock market as well as intraday trading with technical analysis. We hope that you like our blog “Best Tobacco Stocks in India for 2022”.
~Stay tuned with us for more of these ferocious blogs~