The index reflects the behavior as well as the performance of the automobile segment.
The index is made up of 15 tradable exchange-listed companies.
What is the Nifty Auto Index?
- The Nifty Auto Index represents auto-related companies.
- The base date of the index is January 1, 2004.
- The base value of the index is 1000.
- The index was launched on July 12, 2011.
- There are a total of 15 companies that are listed on this index.
- The index is made up of auto-related companies, such as the following:
- The index is calculated using the free-float market capitalization method.
- The index is used for the following:
Don't Forget To Check: Best Battery Sector Stocks in India for 2022
List of Nifty Auto Stocks with Weightage 2022
The stocks are listed with the weightage and are as follows:
|Name of the Company||Industry||Weightage|
|Maruti Suzuki India Limited||Automobile||25.51|
|Mahindra & Mahindra Limited||Automobile||14.74|
|Bajaj Auto Limited||Automobile||10.74|
|Hero MotoCorp Limited||Automobile||8.91|
|Tata Motors Limited||Industrial Manufacturing||8.08|
|Eicher Motors Limited||Automobile||7.96|
|Motherson Sumi Systems Limited||Automobile||3.75|
|Bharat Forge Limited||Automobile||2.90|
Live Rate: Auto Index
1. Maruti Suzuki India Limited:
- The company was formerly known as Maruti Udyog Limited.
- The company is an Indian automobile manufacturer that is based in New Delhi.
- The company was founded in 1981 and was owned by the government of India until 2003.
2. Mahindra & Mahindra Limited:
- It is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing corporation that is headquartered in Mumbai.
- The company is the largest vehicle manufacturer by production in India.
- The major competitors of this company are Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors.
3. Bajaj Auto Limited:
- The company is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company that is based in Pune.
- The company manufactures motorcycles, scooters, and auto rickshaws.
- The company is a part of the Bajaj group.
4. Hero Motocorp Limited:
- The company was formerly known as Hero Honda.
- The company is an Indian multinational motorcycle and scooter manufacturer headquartered in New Delhi.
- The company is best known for producing the largest number of two-wheelers in the world.
5. Tata Motors Limited:
- The company is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Mumbai.
- The company is a part of the Tata Group.
- The company is involved in the production of the following:
6. Eicher Motors Limited:
- The company is a multinational automotive company that will manufacture motorcycles and commercial vehicles.
- The company is headquartered in New Delhi.
- The company is the parent company of Royal Enfield, a manufacturer of middleweight motorcycles.
7. Motherson Sumi Systems Limited:
- The company is an Indian manufacturer as well as a global supplier of automotive components.
- The company was established in 1986 and is a part of the Motherson group.
- The company was established in 1986 as a joint venture with Sumitomo Wiring Systems of Japan.
8. MRF Limited:
- Madras Rubber Factory, or MRF, or MRF Tyres, is an Indian multinational tyre manufacturing company and is also the largest manufacturer of tyres in India.
- The company is headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The company is into the manufacturing of rubber products such as tyres, treads, conveyor belts, tubes, paints, and toys.
9. Bosch Limited:
- This company is a German company.
- The company’s main focus is on technology solutions in sectors such as mobility, industrial technology, and consumer goods.
- The technology of the company is applied in commercial buildings, automotive industries, airport facilities, railways, mining facilities, and the entertainment industry.
10. Ashok Leyland:
- The company is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturer of commercial vehicles.
- The company is headquartered in Chennai and is owned by the Hinduja group.
Also Read: Nifty Bank Index Stocks List
11. Bharat Forge Limited:
- The company is involved in forging, energy, auto motives, construction and mining, marine, railways, aerospace, and defense industries.
- The company is headquartered in Pune.
12. TVS Motors:
- The company is the third largest motorcycle company in India and has its headquarters in Chennai.
- The company is also the largest two-wheeler exporter in India.
- The company is into batteries as well as a life insurance segment.
- The company is headquartered in Kolkata.
- The company is the largest manufacturer of automotive and industrial lead-acid batteries in India and the fourth largest worldwide.
14. Amaraja Battery:
- The company is known for its automotive battery brand, Amaron, which is the second largest automotive battery brand in the country after Exide.
- The company is headquartered in Tirupati.
15. Apollo Tyre:
- The company is headquartered in Gurugram.
- The company is an Indian multinational company that manufactures tyres.
Learn About: Top 10 Best Technical Indicators
We hope that the above blog gives you an idea of the Nifty Auto Stock List for 2022.
Trading Fuel is our website for blogs where we imbibe knowledge about finance, the stock market, and intraday trading. Stay tuned with us for more such blogs.