Top 10 IT Companies in India: As we are moving ahead and advancing in our own lives, information technology is also moving hand in hand with us.
There are numerous businesses that are completely dependent on the information technology sector.
What are the Information Technology companies?
The entire IT sector is a bundle of products and services.
The IT sector includes companies that produce hardware, software, or other semi-conductor equipment and other companies that provide the internet or other related services.
The IT sector is broadly classified into the following segments:-
- Hardware and software for technology
- Software and services.
- Semi-conductors and semi-conductor equipment
- Information technology sector ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds) and mutual funds
List of Top 10 IT companies in India:-
There are many IT companies in India.
The main aim of IT companies is to provide secure, reliable, robust, and user-friendly services to their users.
Here is the list of the very few companies that have entered the list of the top 10 companies in India.
|1.||Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)||Consultancy|
|2.||Infosys||Consultancy and outsourcing services|
|4.||HCL Technologies||Consultancy in various sectors|
|5.||Mindtree||Technology and consultancy|
|6.||Larsen & Toubro Infotech||Consultancy and digital solutions|
|7.||Oracle Fin Services||Technology services to the banking sector|
|8.||Tech Mahindra||Outsourcing and consultancy|
|9.||Redington India Limited||Supply chain, logistics, and consultancy|
|10.||Mphasis Limited||Financial services and logistics|
#1. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS):-
- TCS is the largest IT Company in India in terms of revenue.
- TCS is often considered a big bull for offering IT services like consultancy and other business solutions.
- TCS was ranked at 64th position in the Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies ranking, making it the highest-ranked IT service company.
- In 2018, it stood at the 11th position in the Fortune India 500 list.
- Founded:- 1968
- Founder:- Tata Group
|Return on Equity||35.98%|
- Infosys is the second-largest IT Company in India in terms of revenue.
- Infosys is a multinational IT company that provides services like business consulting, information technology, and other outsourcing services.
- According to the Forbes Global 6000 ranking, the company was ranked at 602.
- Infosys is the first Indian IT company to have been listed on NASDAQ.
- Founded:- 1981
- Founder:- It was founded by seven engineers in Pune, Maharashtra.
|Return on Equity||23.50%|
- Wipro is an Indian multinational company that provides services like information technology, consultancy, and other business processes.
- The company has harnessed the power of cognitive computing, robotics, hyper-automation, cloud analytics, and other emerging technologies that allow its clients to adapt to the digital world and make them successful.
- In the Forbes Global 2000 List, the company stood at 755th.
- Founded:- 1945
- Founder:- Azim Premji.
|Return on Equity||17.26%|
#4. HCL Technologies:-
- The company is a subsidiary of HCL Enterprise.
- The company is a leading global IT company that is helping global enterprises to re-think and re-imagine as well as transform their businesses through digital technology transformation.
- The company has a very broad horizon and covers various sectors like finance and banking, aerospace, telecom, transportation, chemical and process industries, logistics, and hospitality.
- The company is also on the list of the Forbes Global 2000 List and ranked among the top 20 largest publicly traded companies.
- HCL is focused on providing combined portfolio services in its MODE 1-2-3 growth strategy.
|Mode 1||It incorporates the crucial services in the areas of applications, BPO, etc. to reform clients’ business and IT landscape.|
|Mode 2||This mode emphasizes on direct business upshots and helps enterprise digitalization|
|Mode 3||This approach is ecosystem driven to form products and platforms business.|
- Founded:- 1976
- Founder:- Shiv Nadar
|Return on Equity||25.76%|
- Mindtree is an IT, outsourcing, and consultancy company.
- It is also a part of the Larsen & Toubro Group of companies.
- The company has operations in areas like e-commerce, cloud computing, mobile applications, testing, data analytics, digital transformation, and enterprise resource planning.
- Founded:- 1999
- Founder:- The Company was founded by 10 IT professionals.
|Return on Equity||24.94%|
#6. Larsen & Toubro Infotech:-
- The company is continuously progressing in the IT industry for the past 20 years.
- The company is a global tech consulting firm as well as a digital services firm that has helped over 360 clients in a merging world.
- Founded:- 1946
- Founder:- Henning Holck- Larsen and Soren Kristian Toubro.
|Return on Equity||34.63%|
#7. Oracle Fin Services:-
- Oracle Fin Services Solutions (OFSS) is a subsidiary of the Oracle Corporation.
- It provided technology solutions for retail banking, insurance, and corporate banking.
- The company also has a huge menu for its other services, like compliance management, accounting, performance measurement, business process management, performance measurement, and human resources.
- Founded:- 1990
- Founder:- Initially was a part of Citicorporation
|Return on Equity||33.41%|
#8. Tech Mahindra:-
- The company is an expert in providing outsourcing, IT services, and consultancy services and can also help in solving complex business problems.
- The company is a subsidiary of the Mahindra Group.
- It is ranked 47th on the Fortune India 500 list.
- Founded:- 1986
- Founder:- Anand Mahindra
|Return on Equity||21.58%|
#9. Redington India Limited:-
- Redington Limited emerged from a single brand, a single product, and a single market category and provides services like supply chain solutions, consultancy, logistics, and other solutions to complex business problems.
- The company started with the distribution of HP peripherals and eventually started adding new products to its list.
- Founded:- 1993
- Founders:- R. Srinivasan, R. Jayachandran
|Return on Equity||15.00%|
#10. Mphasis Limited:-
- Mphasis is an American Indian company.
- It provides infrastructure technology and application outsourcing services, along with several other services.
- The company serves the telecom, financial services, logistics, and technology industries.
- The company was ranked 7th on the Fortune India 500 List.
- Founded:- 1998
- Founders:- Jerry Rao, Jeroen Tas.
|Return on Equity||19.96%|
IT has given so much to the country in terms of efficiency, quality, and speed. During the pandemic, it was only IT through which we could survive in terms of telemedicine, virtual teaching, etc.
Trading Fuel is our blog website that helps you have daily information about finance, economics, stock markets, and other intraday tips. We hope that you like our blog ” Top 10 IT Companies in India”. Keep visiting this website for more interesting blogs.