The net worth of Warren Buffet is $97 billion.
He is one of the richest people in the world and an astute investor.
Who is Warren Buffet?
- Warren Buffet is considered to be one of the most famous and successful investors in the history of all time.
- If you had ever had a chance to invest $10,000 with Warren Buffet in 1966, then today you would have over $160 million.
- And that same investment of $10,000 in S&P would net you $140,000 today.
- He has pledged to give away 99% of his net worth to charity before he dies.
- From that, a large portion of the money will go to Bill Gates’ foundation.
- This philanthropy of Buffet has inspired many other billionaires to donate at least 50% of their net worth to charity in their lifetime.
Also Check: Trading Success from WARREN BUFFETT
- Warren Buffet was born on August 30, 1930.
- He was born in Omaha, Nebraska.
- He began his education at Rose Hill Elementary School and developed an interest in business at a very young age.
- When he was 7 years of age, he was inspired by the book “One Thousand Ways to Make $1000”.
- After reading this book, he started making his mark and his fortune as well when he was a pre-teen.
- At the age of 10, he had the opportunity to have lunch with someone from the New York Stock Exchange.
- After that, he began setting his goals for his entire life.
- At the age of 11 years, he bought his first stock, and with that money, he successfully ran a pinball machine and had a net worth of $6000, which is today equivalent to $60,000.
- In 1942, his father was elected to the US Congress and, eventually, his entire family moved to the US.
- Later, Buffet attended Alice Deal Junior High School and graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School in 1947.
- During that time, his senior year picture looked like this: “likes math, a future stockbroker.”
Don’t Forget To Check: Top 10 Warren Buffet Quotes on Investing
The career of Warren Buffet:
- After graduating from Columbia, he went to work as an investment salesman for his family’s company.
- He also taught a course on investment principles at the University of Nebraska and then purchased a gas station.
- Later, Buffet left his family’s company and joined as a securities analyst for the Graham-Newman Corp.
- Through this, he realized that he needed to take more investment risk than his boss.
- When Graham retired, Buffet bought the business for $174,000, which he had saved while working for Graham-Newman.
- After that, he started Buffet Partnership Limited.
- Over the next three years, he was focused on growing his own business and increased his partners from three to six.
- This number doubled after almost two years, and by the year 1962, he was a bonafide millionaire.
- After taking over Berkshire Hathaway, he began an aggressive series of investments, takeovers, and restructuring moves that saw his assets increase almost exponentially.
Also Like: Top 5 Investors in the World
Wealth Details and History:
- His fortune is thanks to an 18% ownership interest in Berkshire Hathaway.
- Between 1965 and 2016, the share price of Berkshire Hathaway increased on an average of 20.8%.
- He owns nearly 300,000 Class A shares and nearly 150,000 Class B shares in the company.
- He also owns shares in other companies such as Wells Fargo, Seritage Growth Properties, and IBM.
- Apart from all these holdings, his Berkshires represent 98% of his total net worth.
- He donates 5% of that stock to charity each summer.
- 99% of Buffet’s net worth was made after he turned 50 years old, thereby proving that age is just a number to achieve anything and everything in life.
Buffet lives in a modest five-bedroom house that he bought in Omaha in 1956 for $31,500.
We hope that you enjoyed reading about Warren Buffet net worth.
Trading Fuel is our website for blogs where we give you details about finance, economics, the stock market, and intraday trading. Stay tuned with us for more such blogs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Answer: Warren Buffet is the wealthiest man in the world.
Answer: The net worth of Warren Buffet is $97 billion.
Answer: Yes, he was.
Answer: As the CEO and chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, Buffet made $373,204 as total compensation, out of which $100,000 was his salary.
Answer: Yes, he has written many books.